Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen, Introducing.....




 Welcome.


Who am I? That's a very good question.


But a better question is who are you?


Just call me Taye.
I've had intentions of starting a blog for many many years. The number of blogs I have watched 'grow up' are far too many to list. It's actually quite remarkable to see how far fashion blogging has come over the years and how the genre has exploded.
The amount of fashion blogs that exist today  is a tad overwhelming but it also creates opportunity for greater diversity and provides innumerable sources of inspiration. However, each time I'd thought about beginning my blog I'd discover new blogs had cropped up in the meantime which were similar to what I had intended to do. I wrestled with whether or not I should even bother starting my own after waiting all this time and with so many out there already. It  eventually dawned on me that while I continued to keep myself  busy just thinking, others were doing and creating. Plus I finally remembered the reason why I had wanted to start my own blog-to share my passions and interests and discover new things along the way. Even though it has become like one in some aspects, blogging isn't a competition. It's ultimately just a chance to connect with people across the globe, who happen to share the same passions as you.  
While I haven't completely decided exactly what type of blog I want to present (hence why it 'doesn't all add up') I don't intend for my blog to be strictly fashion, even though it will be somewhat fash-centric. The truth is I'm more interested in style than fashion (i.e. trends), though I love Fashion. Inspired by the likes of wonderful multi-dimensional blogs it will likely be a hodgepodge of art, music, fashion, writing and any random thing that tickles my fancy.Besides not every needs to fit neatly into one category and even most fashion blogs are a mixture of fashion and other creative elements.

Oh and don't be shy. Feel free to introduce yourself.


p.s. The amazing header is courtesy of my artistic genius of a friend, T.B. Merci.


ph1: Wroclaw via www.mediabistro.com ph2: www.thorstenbrinkmann.com ph3: www.day19.com ph4: source unknown

1 comment: