Friday, April 30, 2010

QUESTION?

Do we ask ourselves enough questions? I guess that might seem like a silly....(er...warning unavoidable and terrible word usage ahead) question but when it comes to learning new things, asking is probably the easiest way to gain knowledge. (That might help to explain why toddlers go through the 'but why?' phase that many a parent and babysitter across the globe has had to suffer through. You can always tell a former babysitter because they have the telltale sign of a spontaneous eye and/or bodily twitch  whenever you begin a sentence with 'BUT WHY?' Perhaps one day someone will start a support group. Oh, don't look at me. I don't have any kids and I rarely babysit so I'm safe ;) Yes I have younger siblings but I managed to get away with not babysitting. How you may ask? Don't worry, I'm compiling a guidebook as we speak.  Be forewarned however that my tactics require more stealth than those listed in the Art of Ninja guidebook.

But back to the topic at hand. My QUESTION? sections will be something I encourage you to ponder, in order to learn more about....yourself. We rarely question our views on anything unless they are challenged. Sometimes we need to present ourselves with the challenge. But the Q&A need not end there, always question others. After all life is about learning and knowledge is infinite.

#1: QUESTION your views on art. Who is your favourite artist? Who is your least favourite? Why are you drawn (oh a sneak attack with a bad pun) to one as opposed to the other?

                       



ph1: 60s flickr group ph2: Jeffrey Campbell shoes via www.modcloth.com ph3: www.georgelois.com

No comments:

Post a Comment